WASHen provides a conducive platform for contributions of knowledge and evidence among key stakeholders in the sector (policy makers, community members, implementing partners and local authorities)
The conference is supported by an exhibition of relevant products and services. Organisations supplying water, sanitation, hygiene and energy products and services or running relevant projects are therefore invited to showcase their activities and wares to delegates at the supporting expo.
The WASHen 2018 Conferences, organized by ZITF in conjunction with SNV are platforms that allow business executives, academia, labour and civil society organizations in the water, sanitation, hygiene and energy sectors to discuss challenges facing Zimbabwe with regards these thematic areas and propose innovative solutions to counter these challenges, thereby fostering economic growth. Running concurrently with the expo, the conferences serve to create a platform to exchange knowledge on pertinent issues relating to water, sanitation, hygiene and energy sectors as well as seek clarification on policies, projects and initiatives in these sectors. As has come to be expected from ZITF-branded symposia, the WASHen 2018 Conferences are characterized by open dialogue, thought provoking presentations and engaging debate among stakeholders in the relevant disciplines in order to draw up actionable resolutions to achieve the national agenda for socio-economic development.
Running concurrently with the expo, from 20 – 21 September 2018, the conferences serve to create a platform to exchange knowledge on pertinent issues relating to water, sanitation, hygiene and energy sectors as well as seek clarification on policies, projects and initiatives in these sectors. As has come to be expected from ZITF-branded symposia, the WASHen 2018 Conferences are characterized by open dialogue, thought provoking presentations and engaging debate among stakeholders in the relevant disciplines in order to draw up actionable resolutions to achieve the national agenda for socio-economic development.
WASHen Conference Inquiry
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the exhibitors who participated in WASHen 2016 and we hope to see you in 2018. We call upon producers, suppliers and distributors for the following products and services to exhibit at WASHen 2018
- Water sourcing, extracting, harnessing, transportation, storage and treatment equipment
- Dewatering equipment & systems, fitting, renovation/rehabilitation of pipe and sewage systems, treatment and disposal of wastewater
- Treatment of portable water, water used in industrial processes .environmentally-friendly, pollution-reducing and emission monitoring technologies.
- Design, production and installation of energy products and power systems
- Energy efficiency and conservation, regulation, transmission & distribution for sustainable development
- Irrigation, fishing and aquaculture, water-related tourism, protection, recycling and conservation equipment and services
Visit WASHen 2018
Decision makers and buyers from the sectors below are called to visit Washen 2018
- Municipal and government departments
- Town planners, builders, contractors and architects
- Utility Heads / Engineers from the end-user industries
- Distributors and dealers
- Technocrats, advisors and policy makers
- Auto, Chemical, Dairy, Pharma, Sugar, Textile and Cement industries, Hospitals, Mines
- Manufacturers and system integrators
- Trade Associations, Media & NGOs
Journalists, photographers, radio and television personnel who wish to cover WASHen 2018 for their newspapers, magazines, news agencies, radio, television or newsreel networks, are invited to indicate in the media accreditation form full names of persons who will be carrying out the exercise. We will then be able to issue you with press passes well in advance of the opening date.
The important dates and times for WASHen 2018 are as follows:
DURATION:20 – 21 September 2018
OPENING TIMES: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
No restriction on the number of passes to each medium will be put PROVIDED THEY ARE USED BY YOUR PERSONNEL IN THEIR OFFICIAL CAPACITY.
Media Validation Requirements
ZITF reserves the right to request the following validations before granting accreditation:
Recognised Media or Press Card issued by their employers,
Positive identification of journalistic employment e.g. letter of assignment on official letterhead from the Editor or Bureau Chief.
Freelance journalists may be requested to provide two by line editorial stories.