Deputy Chief Executive Officer
and Head Marketing & Sales
ZimChartered Marketer, MSc Marketing (NUST), BSc Journalism & Media Studies (NUST), Marketing Practitioner, (Marketers Association Zimbabwe)
A business executive, Zimchartered marketer, mentor and enthusiastic leader, Stella is a marketing and corporate communications specialist who is particularly passionate about creating dynamic corporate communications messages that build brands, establish long lasting relationships and develop partnerships.
She is the Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Head Marketing and Sales for the ZITF Company and it is through her strategies and initiatives that the company has built and maintained a positive brand image. As the Executive responsible for marketing and business development, Stella has been instrumental in making sure that the ZITF Company’s exhibitions and events remain the biggest and effective platforms for business growth in the country, thereby earning her the status of industry mentor and trainer. She is an exceptional marketer with 15 years’ experience in building and promoting brands.
She has also mastered the art of birthing, launching and organising new events as well as managing meetings infrastructure through a deep understanding of the business environment, the market’s pain points and the customers’ journey from their first encounter with ZITF’s services to habitual use; a testimony borne by the following notable accomplishments:
- The Zimbabwe International Trade Fair remains the largest trade showcase in the country which attracts participation by government, business leaders and the international community with the 2019 event being the largest edition held in the recent past, attracting over 800 exhibitors.
- Mine Entra is also the country’s major mining, engineering and transport exhibition. The 2018 edition was hailed as the best in recent past with 253 exhibitors and over 3,000 business visitors.
She has also been instrumental in ensuring that the ZITF Company diversifies its service offering, launching new and significant products that include;
- The water, sanitation, hygiene and energy conference and expo (WASHen)
- Rebranding the stand building arm of the organisation (Expodesigns)
- Rebranding the venue hire offering (Zimbabwe International Exhibition Centre) and marketing it as a strategic venue for the Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) industry.
Stella has been been involved with the exhibitions and events management industry for the past 13 years covering all key functions; strategic planning, budgeting, product development, sales and marketing strategy, hosting and high level engagements, external liaison and image building. She have been exposed to international trends, having been part of the team that participated in major international and regional exhibitions. She has also received training by internationally-recognised exhibitions and events management associations that include the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, UFI (Union des Foires Internationales), the Exhibition and Event Association of Southern Africa (EXSA) and Association of Africa Exhibition Organisers (AAXO).
Her 15 years long career has seen some notable achievements namely;
- Outstanding Marketing Leader of the Year, Megafest National Awards.
- Outstanding Personality in Business and Female Manager of the Year, Megafest 2018 Southern Region Business Awards.
- Southern Region and National Customer Service Excellence Manager of the Year 2014 – Zimbabwe Institute of Management.
- Received special recognition for excelling in Business by the Word of Life International Ministries Church during the Daughters of Word of Life Conference in 2017.
- Spearheaded award-winning marketing campaigns; Runner-up Finalist in the 17th International Poster Competition 2013 by UFI – the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry. The company entered the UFI Marketing Award which focused on the use of Mobile Marketing in the exhibition industry. The company was one of the 4 finalists, alongside exhibition companies from China, Thailand and South Africa, focusing on the ZITF digital campaigns.
- Spearheaded the ZITF Company recognition as the winner for Service Excellence in Service Quality by Contact Centre Association of Zimbabwe Southern Region (2018).
She sits on the following notable government and private sector boards and committees, among others;
- Board Member for Trade Measures Board, Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
- Executive Member of the Matabeleland Chamber of the Confederation of Zimbabwe Industries (CZI).
- Council Member for Gwanda State University, and Chairperson of the Marketing Committee.
- Deputy Chairperson, Marketers Association Zimbabwe (MAZ) Southern Region Committee.
- Board Member for the Intwasa Arts Festival.
- Joint Executive Committee Member for TransLimpopo Spatial Development Initiative.
On the academic side, Stella is a firm believer of the kaizen theory which places great emphasis on continuous improvement as evidenced by her achievement of being accorded the ZimChartered Marketer Status as well as graduating as the best student for the ZimChartered Class of 2016. She is a Master’s graduate from NUST (with Distinction).
She is an avid reader and has passion for knowledge sharing and image building especially for young and upcoming professionals. Her fervent principles are the 3Ds and E (Diligence, Discipline, Dedication and Excellence).
With a fearless leadership personality keen to venture into unknown territories, she enjoys networking, (currently a Marketers Association Zimbabwe Fellow, Nust Alumni, and Zimbabwe Institute of Public Relations Member) teaching and mentoring players in the Meetings and Exhibitions industry.
Her favourite quote is;
“Excellence must be pursued, it must be wooed with all of one’s might and every bit of effort that we have; each day there’s a new encounter, each week is a new challenge. All of the noise and all of the glamour, all of the color all of the excitement, all of the rings and all of the money. These are the things that linger only in the memory. But the spirit, the will to excel, the will to win, these are the things that endure”